Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

publishing using Twine

Hello everyone,

I started using Twine a few weeks ago and have a shell of a game. I would like to get others feedback. I have tried to connect it through my webpage but Google does not recognize the .html.

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem or does Twine allow publishing on the web?

Is there additional coding I need to add and if so please let me know what that is, it would be a great help

Comments

• You should just be able to stick the built .html file on your site and access it. You could also attach the file to a post here, and people could play it that way. If it runs on your PC, it's ready to go!
  • ppaige111 wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what might be the problem or does Twine allow publishing on the web?

As far as I know, people use Google Drive almost as often as they use Dropbox to publish public Twine games. So, it should work.

Are you using Google Sites or Google Drive?

Perhaps this is the problem if you're using Google Sites:

[quote]You can upload HTML files to your site to share for download. You can't however upload web pages as individual HTML files.

I don't use Google Drive, though I do have a generic example game on Dropbox. (It's just a proof of concept, not a playable game.)

Perhaps I'll take the time to download Google Drive and see how I like it.

Follow-up:
    I downloaded Google Drive and uploaded a Twine-built HTML file like normal. It displayed it just fine. So, yes, Google Drive works for hosting Twine games.

Here are the instructions I followed: https://googledrive.com/host/0B716ywBKT84AMXBENXlnYmJISlE/GoogleDriveHosting.html
  • Way to out-helpful me, Sharpe!  ;D
  • My help was in addition to yours! We tag-teamed that question's ass!  8)