Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Snapping a photo???

Hey all,
So I am building a sort of accompaniment web app to a new media exhibit I am doing in April.
My goal is the have the viewer take a photo of themselves by summoning the native camera program
on an Android tablet.

Now, my issue isn't in finding the Javascript command to do so,
it is figuring out how to combine both an HTML function allowing them to click on a button
and having the Javascript command launch the camera.

Seeing as TWINE DOESN'T SUPPORT BOTH HTML AND JAVASCRIPT in a single passage,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experience with making these two work together?

Or should I just do this on an entirely different platform?

Please help! Thanks. : )

Comments

• eav5070 wrote:

Seeing as TWINE DOESN'T SUPPORT BOTH HTML AND JAVASCRIPT in a single passage,
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experience with making these two work together?

Why do you think it doesn't support JavaScript in an HTML passage? You can add event handlers (onsomething="script") on HTML tags or you can use <<print someFunction()>> or <<set someFunction()>> to call a JavaScript function defined elsewhere.
  • I believe the current beta version of Twine has a bug which incorrectly converts <script> tags when contained within a standard passage.
  • Really? I haven't tried this way yet, but I will give it a go. Thank you for the tip. (I'm new to Javascript!)