Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion for Twinery.org

Can I suggest that the sample games on the twinery.org main page open in a new tab? If you play one you can rapidly gothough twenty pages, and that is a lot of back clicking to get back to the home page.

Comments

• Can't you just right-click the links on twinery.org and (depending on your browser) open them in a new window or new tab yourself?
  • You could also click on a link with your mouse scroll wheel to open in a new tab. (if your OS/Browser supports it)
  • veryalien wrote:

Can't you just right-click the links on twinery.org and (depending on your browser) open them in a new window or new tab yourself?

Yes, but I always forget. I would have guessed this was trivial to set up once, and then it would just do it automatically.
  • This is one of those web design issues that come down to personal opinion. I will admit I don't like forcing links to new windows. The objective reason is that if a visitor doesn't want a new window, there's no way to prevent someone who has specified that on the link from popping it open, but the reverse is true with a right-click > New Tab or middle-click.

I see your point about having to click back a billion times, though... but isn't that true of any link to a Twine game?
  • Yes, but it would be nice if at least the Twine site recognized the problem and automatically launched it in another tab.