Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Example file, demo, demonstration, tutorial?

Hey, does anyone have any good examples of good code?

In a working game file I can open up to see how others are using the tool.  Links are fine.

I've seen a couple games that had prompts and randomized encounters and I was wondering if there were some tutorial or demo forms of them about.  I would love to see if it's possible to procedurally create stories with this tool.

I learn best from examples and glossaries, rather than snippets and blank slates, so I really like example tutorials.

-Crissa

Comments

• Not sure if it's what you're seeking, but I made a tiny emaciated skeleton of a turn-based RPG for the Twine23 challenge: http://twinery.org/forum/index.php/topic,1474.0.html

I made it in about four hours, IIRC. It's one of two or three I've started. It's now huge. The other couple are even bigger and more robust. However, none are finished.
  • Note that you can import the HTML version of any Twine game in the Twine editor and look at its code.

Highnoon is a game which is basically one combat with several options and some randomness.

The latest SugarCube releases have improved random support: the random results stay the same after load/save and back/forward in the browser, but you get new random results on every new game you start. See the documentation for details.
  • You cannot import any twine html file and load it.

But aside from that, thank you for the examples!  Not all the examples in the workshop load, so I was hoping to see exactly that, something basic, working.

-Crissa
  • Crissa wrote:

You cannot import any twine html file and load it.

Which Twine HTML files failed to import?
    Which version of Twine were you using and what happened when they failed?
  • The front page of the wiki links to this page of example files, which don't really demonstrate full story code standards, but do illustrate a number of useful techniques.