Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error Message bad condition: missing ; before statement

I'm working on a game for Spring Thing, and everything was going well, except last time I did a test build I got this error message on a page with an if statement:

<<if>> bad condition: missing ; before statement

I'm not sure what's causing this; I tested this page earlier and it worked fine, I worked on other parts of the game, tested again, and now I keep getting this message. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Comments

• Copy and paste everything from the passage that causes the error.

If the passage displays any other, copy and paste the code from those, too.

EDIT: Into a reply to this thread on the forum, if that was in question. ;D
  • It's a bit long, but here:

[quote]<<if $Waiting eqs "yes">> The doors open onto a waiting room that's incongrously small compared to the large, double doors. Soft music plays over speakers in the wall; you vaguely recognize the song. On the back wall is a door, and next to it is the (still closed) frosted glass window.

To your back are the double doors with an [[exit|The Wall]] sign hanging above.

The assembly line worker is sleeping in a green leather armchair. He'll probably be there for awhile.<<else>>

The doors open onto a waiting room that's incongrously small compared to the large, double doors. Soft music plays over speakers in the wall; you vaguely recognize the song. On the back wall is a door, and next to it is a frosted [[glass window|Receptionist Counter]], with a sign pasted on it.

"Please
    see receptionist for a ticket and wait
    your turn."

You notice a ticket counter above the window.

"Now serving #38"

To your back are the double doors with an [[exit|The Wall]] sign hanging above.<<endif>>

and this passage which sets the variable:

[quote]<<set $worker = "no">> <<set $map = "yes">> <<set $Waiting = "yes">>While you feel a tinge of guilt at getting his hopes up for an unlikely promotion, you hand over your ticket.

He beams at you, then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a worn map that's been folded over many times. As he hands it to you, you hear the jangling sound of coins. Wrapped inside the map are five square coins, each stamped with a strange script.

"Well, bud, I'll be seeing you later, then. Or maybe not." [[He lumbers off|By The Assembly Line]] in the direction of the waiting room.

Also, is it not possible to put things in spoiler tags on this forum? :/
  • Right at the start of your first extract, shouldn't that be "eq" rather than "eqs"?
  • Erp- that may be it. Leave it to me to overlook the most simple explanation. :p
  • Yep, that did it. Thanks. :)

Also, nice user pic, mostlyuseless.
  • No worries! And thanks! I made it years ago for a webcomic that never happened. I think he's an onion guy or something.
  • Too bad it never happened. I would totally read a webcomic about an onion guy. It's like, my second favorite webcomic genre.  ;D