Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tragedy

About 3 p.m., today (April 2), some nine hours ago, my beloved father died in a car accident. No one else was injured.

At 74, he was a retried university professor and a very well-liked and highly respected man. He was an artist and a hall-of-fame sports player. I loved him very much, as did my younger sister and my mother, his wife of 42 years. We will miss him greatly.

Since this is the only online community of which I am a part, and since I have some responsibility here, I'm informing everyone at once the reason for my upcoming absence despite my loathing of mentioning personal matters on the Internet. I know that there are a couple people awaiting my turn-based RPG, so I apologize that I won't be releasing it tonight. I doubt I'll be available to answer questions for several days.

Please keep "Sharpe's family" in your prayers. God will know to whom you refer.

Sincerely,

Richard D. Sharpe

Comments

• I'm so sorry Sharpe.  Man... I don't have the words.  Rest in peace to your father.  You will be in my prayers.
  • Sorry to hear the your loss of your father Sharpe. Will pray for you and your family.
  • I'm saddened by your family's loss.
  • Condolences. Every loss is terrible, but one so sudden...
    Really sorry.
  • Sharpe, that's terrible. My thoughts are with you.
  • My sincerest condolences.

"Those we love don't go away,
    They walk beside us every day,
    Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear.
    "