Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Twine Reference - Next/Previous links?

I know this might seem a bit trivial, but I've wondered about this for a long time, so I'll throw it out there:

Could the Twine Reference have Next Section/Previous Section functionality? So that it functioned like a book and you could go right to the next topic (page) or previous from the one you're on?

I don't know Twine (twee) well enough to always find exactly what I want right away in the Reference ("Is it here that I remember reading that? Or over here in this section?"). It would be great to be able to go right to the next section from where I'm at, if where I'm at isn't *quite* what I was looking for.

I think being able to do this would eventually build a sense of structure into people's brains, too, about what content is next to what.

And it would save time, instead of having to go back to the TOC every time.

Please?

Comments

• That's a great idea!

I added header and footer links to the reference pages to chain them in sequence. I fixed some redirecting page links while I was at it. http://twinery.org/wiki/twine_reference

I'd like to say it's all done now, but it's not. Curiously, I'm not able to save (or even preview) changes to the "function" page.

When I try to edit, the editing URL (http://twinery.org/wiki/function?do=edit&rev=0) brings me a "webpage is not available" message.

Thinking it might have been some keyword collision, I tried to make a new page "functions," but encountered the same trouble. If there's some issue with the content of the page itself, it's not jumping out at me.

Anyone else's thoughts on this are very welcome.
  • Thank you!!!

Your post made me realize the Reference wiki actually is...a...wiki... :)
  • Bwa ha ha! Thank you for your thank you. You are super welcome! It's good to be of use. Trivial is my jam.

If you figure out how to update the "function" wiki page, let me know. I'm quite curious, but not curious enough to keep pursuing it.  ;D

TWINE ON.