Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best place to post exported Twine 2 stories on the web and for mobile platforms?

edited December 2014 in Chit-Chat
Greetings
I have been looking for a free html friendly place to post my stories via the web and via Google Play/android market and for IOS.

html:
I just tried google drive and the upload is fine but the files will not play with drive extension
drive-html-viewer.pansy.at/
nor with
http://html.editey.com/

pastebin doesn't display the html without first downloading

Dropbox public might be a good alt (not tested yet, anyone had luck there?)

Who can vouch for locations on where to post HTML so that the files play? I know that klembot is not thrilled about posting the uploads to these forums.

I don't want to set up my own website just for a few stories...

android/IOS
What tools can people recommend to publish their Twine story to the mobile market places?
(I'm testing MAGE right now and I'm not happy with the Android market part of that app(it doesn't work) but the emulator of the Android UI does work ... :/)

Ideally, whatever platform to push a Twine story to the marketplace would be ... Free until proven chargeable (i.e. authors charge for the story)

What are your thoughts on publishing platforms for interactive fiction?

thanks
Dennis

Comments

• If you're not interested in charging for your story, philome.la is hands-down your best choice. itch.io is very popular these days, and I've used Gumroad in the past and had a good experience.

I would also be remiss if I didn't recommend people upload their work to the IF Archive. When I see Dropbox/Google Drive links floating around, it makes me antsy because it seems likely they won't last in the long term. I'm not so much concerned about the companies folding so much as the author losing interest and yanking their stuff months or even years down the line.
  • Many thanks! I was not familiar with any of your suggestions!
    best
  • I went with itch.io as the philomena(sp?) required me to set up a twitter account.
    itch was pretty straight forward and my 'game' /story went up quickly.
    thanks