Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back To Reality - A Psychological Thriller (in development)

edited March 2015 in Workshop
Hi guys, my name is Leonid Pilchin (@LeonDaydreamer).
I am excited about an episodic text-driven adventure game I've been working on for the past little while called Back To Reality.

undefined

I would describe Back To Reality as a manic depressive psychological thriller, with humorous highs and intense crashes. It also has
supernatural and science fiction elements that unfold as the story progresses. The first chapter "A Day in the Life" sees our main
character, attorney Sam Nichols exposed to progressively dire circumstances that threaten to unravel his reality and destroy those close to
him. With your firm struggling and on the brink of going under, you take on an important new case, but the odds already seem stacked
against you. Things are not as they appear, and a deeper conspiracy begins to emerge. Where will you end up if you keep untangling the
threads? You will just have to take it one step at a time to find out.

I'm currently working on the artwork, the first chapter will be coming in a bit.

Comments

• Meet Don Juan, a new character for my game Back To Reality.
    Don Juan is an eccentric psychic.

undefined

@LeonDaydreamer
  • Awesome, man! Looks really cool! :-)
  • Thanks Sharpe! I'm still a long way from finishing all the art. Until then I hope people are okay with periodic updates like this...  :-)

Here's Ally, she's an art student and so much more in Back To Reality.

undefined

@LeonDaydreamer
  • This is Zack, a stressed out paralegal in Back To Reality. Poor dude, but don't cry for him, he wouldn't cry for you.

undefined

@LeonDaydreamer
  • Janet helps keep the firm afloat in Back To Reality.

undefined

@LeonDaydreamer
  • Stephanie is a bubbly, energetic paralegal (unlike Zack). Whatever she's doing, it's working. I wish I had her energy!

undefined

@LeonDaydreamer
  • A brooding, mysterious figure appears. I wonder what role he has in our story...

undefined

@LeonDaydreamer
  • Mei works for opposing counsel. Unfortunately for her, part of her job is having to deal with you.

undefined

@LeonDaydreamer
  • Morgan is an inspector for a regional public service department. You may or may not be the bane of his existence.

undefined

@LeonDaydreamer
  • Finally finished drawing the main character! Attorney Sam Nichols! :)

undefined

Sam Nichols is a Seattle attorney who managed to maintain most of his idealism about how the world works. No, it is never fair, but at no point would you hear him say there is nothing that can be done. Though he swears to protect his colleague's moral high ground, he himself is not above throwing a curve ball at the opposition to see what ripples it might stir. His intelligence, even his sanity will be put to the test amid a dark web of conspiracy he has the misfortune of uncovering.

@LeonDaydreamer
  • looks amazing!! Am going to give it a go now and see...
  • wait... i can't seem to find the game...

was this just a teaser??
  • wait... i can't seem to find the game...

was this just a teaser??

He said he was working on the artwork and the first chapter is coming soon.

• Dominia wrote: »
    wait... i can't seem to find the game...

was this just a teaser??

He said he was working on the artwork and the first chapter is coming soon.

true. i was just being impatient instead of process what WAS said.

looks really good so far!!
  • edited August 2015
    true. i was just being impatient instead of process what WAS said.

looks really good so far!!

Hey feliwebwork, thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate it.

My job got a little hectic the past few months, so I had to take a little break from working on Back To Reality. I'm back on it now, though. At this point it's still a ways from completion as it kept evolving into a more graphical game. I'm almost finished all the character art, and then I have to do the background artwork for it.
  • edited August 2015
    Speaking of which, I finally finished the character design for the other main character in the first chapter. His was the first design I drew, but I wasn't satisfied with the way it turned out and always planned to go back to it once I figured out the art style for the game.

Harry_FINAL_50_zpszpzwmogi.png

Attorney Harold Kline (Harry) is more than a friend to you, he has been your mentor your entire professional life. Nearly everyone has turned their back on him now, but you would never. Can you save this man's life from falling apart?
  • Amber is a 9-1-1 emergency dispatcher, please stop bothering her.

Amber%20Police%209-1-1_50_zpscdgjqzhw.png

Aaand, I'm officially finished designing all the characters for the first chapter of my game!  :)
    Next come backgrounds...
  • edited September 2015
    So it won't let me edit my first post (the text is all jumbled since they changed the formatting of the forum a little while ago). This is another site I keep updated if that bothers anyone: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47268.0

Now, without further ado I present my first background (which took me way too long to do :P ):

THE DINER

Diner_COLOUR_SHADE_FIN_600px_zpsjhbay2od.png

The neighbourhood diner near your workplace. Our story begins with a chat between two of our protagonists over a lunch that goes horribly wrong.

@LeonDaydreamer
  • edited February 2017
    So this project has changed a LOT since I last updated this topic.
    For one thing - the title is now A NEAR DAWN. :)
    I wish I could go back and revise the first post and topic title, but this forum seems to be a little unforgiving in those terms.

At any rate, you can learn more about the project on our website: http://www.faroffdaydream.com
    And here is the trailer to A NEAR DAWN: