Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Word Count?

Small question, but does either Twine 2 or 1.4 have a method of finding the overall word count in a Twine file? I've seen other users have a complete word count for theirs so I was just wondering if there's a certain tool or if these brave souls went through their game manually to count.

Comments

• I am not sure how accurate it is but Twine 1.x has the Story > Story Statistics menu option.
  • Is there some kind of plan to integrate a similar mechanic into Twine 2 in the future?
  • Neoroman wrote:

Small question, but does either Twine 2 or 1.4 have a method of finding the overall word count in a Twine file? I've seen other users have a complete word count for theirs so I was just wondering if there's a certain tool or if these brave souls went through their game manually to count.

there is not a word count you gotta do it yourself
  • I'm not sure how any word count check would distinguish between passage text and macro code text.

The best way is to write your story in a notepad first that doesn't add extra hidden characters (like Notepad++), then cut and paste sections into Twine.