Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StoryIncludes or equivalent in 2.x?

I'm currently using 1.x with SugarCube because I need StoryIncludes; however, if that feature (or something equivalent) will be added to 2.x soon, then perhaps I should switch to 2.x now, while my project is fairly new.

Does anyone know if or when it will be added? I read somewhere that it's in the plan.

Also, if I was to continue working in 1.x/SugarCube, can I simply import my stories to 2.x/SugarCube without changing the markup?

Comments

• [quote]
    Also, if I was to continue working in 1.x/SugarCube, can I simply import my stories to 2.x/SugarCube without changing the markup?

You need to modify the data area of a Twine 1 story HTML file before it can be imported into Twine 2.
  • I wrote a conversion utility for this purpose.
  • TheMadExile wrote:

I wrote a conversion utility for this purpose.

I thought that was the case but I could not see a link to it on the SugarCube website, though it is possible that I just missed it.
  • greyelf wrote:

I thought that was the case but I could not see a link to it on the SugarCube website, though it is possible that I just missed it.

Apparently, I haven't linked it on the site yet.  The link can be found in this post.
  • Updated link (post forum change) for the conversion utility thread:

http://twinery.org/forum/discussion/comment/6730/#Comment_6730