Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setter Link in SugarCube

Hi,

I'm currently trying to create a setter link to a passage named "what do you do"

the link I made looks like that
[[long gone|what do you do][$melodyMemory to true]]

but when I finish it simply create a new passage named:
long gone|what do you do][$melodyMemory to true

Is it normal that it don't directly link to my existing page and if yes do i have to change all the link to my "what do you do" passage to the new one?

Thank you

Comments

• edited May 2015
    The auto create new passage and the passage map features of the Twine 2 application currently only understands about basic Markup links, other types of link are not supported by these features.

Supported markup links:
    [[go to passage 1|passage 1]]
    [[go to passage 2->passage 2]]
    [[passage 3<-go to passage 3]]

Some example of unsupported link types:
    [[go to passage 5|passage 5][$var to "value"]]
    (link: "go to passage 4")[(goto: "passage 4")]

In your example of a setter markup link you will need to manually rename the auto created new passage to what do you do or it won't work correctly when you view your story HTML file.

note: except for the setter markup link all the other above links work correct when your story HTML is being viewed .
  • Ok so if I want to set a $variable I can only set it in the passage I link to not in the link itself, well this is going to make my story a bit harder to create :(

Ah well i'll find something, Thank you.
  • edited May 2015
    No, Greyelf said how to get it to work:

"You will need to manually rename the auto created new passage to what do you do "

What's causing your problem is Twine's auto naming feature.
  • edited May 2015
    Claretta wrote: »
    No, Greyelf said how to get it to work:

"You will need to manually rename the auto created new passage to what do you do "

What's causing your problem is Twine's auto naming feature.

Oh... sorry english is not my first language so I didn't understood that doing that would make it work.

@Claretta thank you for clearing that out for me

edit: I just tried changing the name of the passage but while it works is it normal that on the story map it shows as a broken link? I know that the link work i tried it and it links to the passage
  • Again. Twine 2 does not currently understand setter links. This applies to all areas (automatic passage generation, story map arrows, etc). As you've seen, it will work correctly in SugarCube, it only looks broken on the story map.
  • Ok, thank you to all of you for taking time to explain thing to someone who try to understand but as a bit of difficulty to grasp all of the little nuance.