Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

View Proofing Copy & Change Story Format

Hello,

I'm new to Twine and have Version 2.0.6

I've tried to search for my problems, but couldn't find anything, so I apologize if I missed it.

First Issue:

I clicked on View Proofing Copy and get a new window that opens, but it's completely blank. The window bar at the top left says "node-webkit" but there's absolutely nothing in the window itself.

Second Issue:

When I click on Change Story Format, I get a white popup that says:
Story Format
A story format controls the appearance and behavior of your story during play

BUT....

Over top of that are FOUR thin red ones that say:
The story format “Harlowe” could not be loaded (Could not load story format source).
The story format “Snowman” could not be loaded (Could not load story format source).
The story format “Paperthin” could not be loaded (Could not load story format source).
The story format “SugarCube” could not be loaded (Could not load story format source).

Comments

• Because your question includes the word node-webkit I am going to assume that you downloaded and installed a local copy of the Twine 2 application.

Which operating system (brand, version, 32 or 64bit) are you using?
  • Yes, I downloaded it and am using it locally on my laptop... I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit and downloaded "twine_2.0.6_win64.exe"
  • What location (folder) did you install the Twine 2 application into?
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Twine 2\Twine.exe"

This was the default location.
  • So, any thoughts on what's wrong? Am I doing something wrong or could it be a glitch?
  • From what I understand the error messages you are seeing are caused by the Twine 2 application not being able to find parts of itself, which could be due to the twine.exe not being able to unpackage itself but this should generate an error message about this happening.

You can either try re-installing the application again, making sure you uninstall the existing copy first, or wait until one of the Twine 2 application developers are able to answer your question.
  • I'm having the same problem right now. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times, and nothing helps.
  • edited July 2015
    Agreed, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work :(

But I appreciate the effort to help... hopefully one of the developers will give some assistance.
  • First of all, I'm curious if upgrading to 2.0.8 will help with this. I haven't seen this problem before so I'm not 100% sure it will do anything, but it can't hurt.

Secondly, can you press Control-Shift-Alt-D with Twine open, and try doing the steps that caused the problem? This will open a debugging console that might show more useful information about the source of the error.
  • I'm curious if this issue was ever resolved. I am having the same exact issue, running this on a Mac, twine_2.0.11_osx.