Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Twine 1.x Cross-Platform?

I just came across Twine after searching everywhere for something new, updated, and well documented. Although Twine doesn't have all of it's docs up-to-date it really felt like a strong competitor until I realized that Twine 2.x doesn't have a Jonah story format.

So I did some research and assumed a simple "display passage" macro would be fine, this started to make things complicated. Displaying would just copy everything and paste it (including any page links, allowing the user to click them again).

At this point i'm pretty much stuck with Twine 1.x which i'm okay with. I really need Jonah support. It would be great to have Jonah support in Twine 2.x but you can't have your cake and eat it too, right?
So with that said, now that I have no other option BUT to stick with Twine 1.x, will I lose out on any responsive/mobile features?

In short, the real question is:
Is Twine 1.x cross platform/responsive. I'll be porting this over to an apk using cocoonjs/phonegap. Will I suffer any incompatibility with iOS devices if I port it to iOS?

Comments

• edited July 2015
    There's no difference between Twine 1 and Twine 2 output. Twine is merely a HTML editing tool. The output of both is a simple HTML file driven by JavaScript, which the story format inserts.
  • Claretta wrote: »
    There's no difference between Twine 1 and Twine 2 output. Twine is merely a HTML editing tool. The output of both is a simple HTML file driven by JavaScript, which the story format inserts.

Sweet, just the answer I was looking for!
    Time to start typing! :)