Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP! Twine 2 won't import my web archive!

I saved my work (working in Safari), it saved as a Web Archive. Doing research after the fact, it seems like I was supposed to know to save it as an html file instead of the default Web Archive?

Now I'm trying to import it to continue my work, and Twine 2 is telling me there is no story.

Is there any way to get my Web Archive into an importable state? I tried just changing the file name into an html, and that didn't work.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm really not excited about copying all my work by hand into a new story.

Comments

• For Safari users experiencing this problem, saving as a "Page Source" has worked for me, and lets me import my saves back into Twine.
  • Sounds like you answered your question. I have a feeling a "Web archive" (whatever the heck that is) is not an HTML file, so you'd have to open it again in Safari (I assume that it would be able to read files it exports) and save as page source, as you mentioned earlier.
  • A "Web archive" is a HTML file, it is just not the same format as the HTML files created by Twine 2's Archive or Publish to File options.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    A "Web archive" is a HTML file, it is just not the same format as the HTML files created by Twine 2's Archive or Publish to File options.

100%. Learned this one the hard way. Working offline in twine and saving via the Publish to file option is how I avoid worrying about the integrity of my saves.

Much appreciated for the replies!