Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to add background image and change link color in Harlowe

I've tried multiple ways and i can't add a background image in harlowe
body {
background: url("big.jpg");
}

i've also forgotten how to change link colors and i can't find the guide i used to do it before

bonus question:
is there a file size you'd recommend for a background image?

Comments

• The forums have a Search feature in the top right hand corner of the screen, if you enter either "background image" or "link color" into it (including the quotes) you will find a number of previous posts about both of these topics, and I suggest reading them may answer your question.
    A number of these previous post will lead you to furkle's Twine 2 Harlowe CSS Tutorial which may also help you.

Your question about the image file size (though I think you actually meant image size/dimensions) is harder to answer because it depends on the size/resolution of the Readers screen/monitor.

An image that appears correctly on a desktop monitor at 1920x1080 would not necessary look the same on a mobile phone screen sized 1280x720 or 800x480, and the reverse is true for an image that looks correct on a mobile phone screen may look small on a desktop 4k monitor at 4096x2160 or 3840x2160.

A common way around this issue is to have different images for different resolutions and to use CSS @media queries to determine which image to show on which screen.