Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get rid of the descriptions that are popping up when I mouse over a link?

edited September 2015 in Help! with 2.0
This is probably really basic, but I don't know how to handle it. When I mouse over a link in my browser a little rectangle pops up next to the curser with information about the link. I don't even know what the proper name is for these things is and I can't get a screen shot of them, but they're super annoying. For example when I mouse over the link "Try to sleep." in my game it gives me:
(link-goto:"Try to sleep.","Try to sleep.")
My browser (Firefox) does this for almost every link, not just the ones in my twine game. I never really noticed it until I started making the game.
It's annoying enough just from an aesthetic standpoint. However, it's also potentially game breaking when the link text being displayed is different from the link name, because it give the player information they're not supposed to have. For example:
(link-goto:"Look out window.","win1.")
How do I get rid of these boxes? There must be a way, because I've played twine games by other people, and they didn't have this problem.

Comments

• You need to state which story format you are using, as answers can be different for each one. Based on your example code I am going to assume you are using Harlowe.

The text that popups up when you mouse over things (like the link) in an application is know as a Tooltip.

When you use Twine 2's Test option any Harlowe based story will show debugging information in a tooltip when you hover over a link, this tooltip should NOT appear if you are using either the Play or Publish to File options.
  • Thank you. You're right. They don't show up when I use Play. I feel really stupid now. Thank you for your help, though.