Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghosts Are Good Hosts! (A Fun Halloween Game)

edited October 2015 in Workshop
Just finished my first game! :)
I took a break from working on my main game (Back To Reality) to do this fun Halloween adventure called...

Ghosts Are Good Hosts
screenshot1_smaller_zpsbrmuuilk.png

You receive a formal invitation to attend a soiree with friends at the Chateau de Carnelle... or so the letter says. However, instead you find yourself stumbling upon a party full of hungry ghosts! You will have to make friends with them if you want to make it through the evening in one piece.

I dropped it on Itch.io here... and submitted it to their Haunted House Jam.

Let me know how you like it/what you think... if you get stuck or annoyed.

@LeonDaydreamer

Comments

• edited November 2015
    ** Fixed to work in Firefox, had lousy JavaScript related issues before.
  • Just stopping by to say I just finished this and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did scratch my head a few times in confusion, but I had a good time.

My favorite character was Halle. Maybe because I'm an actress or maybe because she's so vivacious, but she seemed like a fun ghost to hang out with. It was a well written game and I enjoyed the section where you talk to Soul about life. I wished I had a bit more feedback there, but even still it was one of the more interesting conversations I've experienced in any sort of interactive fiction.

Thanks for making it.
  • Haha! Thanks so much for checking out my game, darlarosa. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I really appreciate your comment. :) It was fun coming up with the conversations for the different ghosts.

Congratulations on completing it, your patience is commendable! And, good luck with your acting endeavours. ;)
  • Quite impressed, if I may say.
  • Thanks ZA21! I'm glad you liked it. :)
  • A cute promo image I added :)
    JojMo00.jpg

I wish I could update the top post, but there are more details about this project on our website: http://www.faroffdaydream.com/