Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

File Deleted?

A friend and I have been working on a storyline in twine. We had created a base file and then both took a part of the story. I recently imported his file to view the progress but when I returned to the main menu my file was gone leaving only his. Upon viewing the twine folder I saw my file was gone. Is there anyway to restore my file? I have spent hours on this storyline and didn't make a backup.

Comments

• I am going to assume that you are using one of the download/installable releases of Twine 2 because you mention "viewing the twine folder".

It appears that download/installable release of Twine 2 currently does not support two story projects having the same name because it results in both story projects trying to save to the same file. I have created a new issue on the Twine project website about this problem.

You state that you did not backup your story project (using the Archive option), did you using the Publish to File option to create a story HTML file? If you did then you can use the Import From File option to re-create your story project from it.

Otherwise I don't know of a way to recover what you have lost, maybe someone else will.