Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Locations

edited December 2015 in Help! with 2.0
For a story that I'm doing,i can't figure out how to set up a system that tells where the characters are at or how many times they have visited that specific place. any help is more than welcome because I'm still a noob when it comes to Twine

Comments

• edited December 2015
    You need to state which story format you are using, as answers can be different for each one. The Twine 2 Guide explains how to check and choose a story format.

But basically you would use variables to track which Passage Name each of your characters are currently meant to be located in and then add code to your story's header/footer passage that checks to see if any of your characters are located in the passage currently being shown to the reader.

Depending on the story format you may be able to use it's History sub-system to determine how many times a particular has been navigated to by the reader, or if not then you can use variables to track that as well.
  • i use 2.0.10
  • brixujel wrote: »
    i use 2.0.10
    That is the version of Twine you are using, not which story format.

You may want to read the How to Choose a Story Format and the Changing a Story's Format sections of the Twine 2 Guide for a better understanding.
  • You might want to have a flick through this tutorial which covers the basics of using variables. Twine 1.4 though.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    brixujel wrote: »
    i use 2.0.10
    That is the version of Twine you are using, not which story format.

i went back and looks like my format is Harlowe 1.2.1