Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Publish To File Doesn't Work

I am trying to learn twine 2, so I started with an existing twine-based game to make simple edits. My problem is that using the web-based twine, when I hit the "Publish to File" button nothing happens. No file gets saved to my computer, and nothing happens in the browser. I can save the game and re-open it using the Archive function, but that doesn't save it in a playable form.
I tried downloading the twine offline program to see if that worked. The program will publish to file, but the resulting game always just gives a blank tab (in both Firefox and Chrome). It also saves as a much smaller HTML file. The original is ~5MB, while the saved file is ~3MB.

Comments

• Which Operating System (brand, version, edition, 32/64bit) and Web-browser (brand, version, 32/64bit) are you using to run the web-browser based release of Twine 2?

What location on your hard-drive are you saving the story HTML file you created using the Publish to File option into?

warning: When using the installable release of Twine 2 you should not save any HTML files you create within the folder/directory accessed via the Twine -> Show Library menu items, that folder/directory is for Twine's internal use only.