Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One of my stories got deleted, is there anyway to retrieve it?

Hello, if there anyone out there that could please help me... I have created two stories on Harlowe that I'm using for training purposes in my office.

I was working on the second of the two stories with one of my co-workers. Everything was working just fine, I sent him the link so he could work on it on his own.

Minutes later, he tried clicking on the link and it brought him to a blank white screen. When I went back to the story all the passages, besides the intro passage, had been completely erased.

Please, please, please... is there anyone out there that can help me get my work back?

Comments

• nminicucci wrote: »
    I sent him the link so he could work on it on his own.
    The Twine 2 application stores all the data for your stories on your local machine, either in your web-browser's local storage cache if you are using the web-browser based release, or as files on your hard-drive is you are using the install-able release.

The URL/link you use to access your story data while using the web-browser based release can not be used by people on another machine to access the same story data because that data is not in their web-browser's local storage cache. This is why the other person saw a blank screen, because your data is not in their web-browser's local storage cache.

The Twine 2 application does NOT store any of your data on the twinery.org web-site, the application is NOT client-server based.

If you want to be able to collaborate with another person then you will need to either:

1. If using the web-browser based release:

1a. Use the Archive option to backup all your stories to an Archive HTML file and send that file to the other person.

1b. Use the Publish to File option to create a Story HTML file and send that file to the other person.

2. If using the install-able release:

a. Use method 1a or 1b.

b. Use the Twine -> Show Library menu items to access the location your story Project HTML files are stored in and send the relevant file to other person.

The other person will need to either:

1. Use the Import From File option to import either an Archive HTML or Story HTML file.

2. Place the Project HTML file in the location access via the Twine -> Show Library menu items on their Twine 2 application.

WARNING: None of the above methods support two (or more) people editing the same Story Project at the same time, because the Twine 2 application does not know how to merge two (or more) peoples changes to the same Story Project.
    nminicucci wrote: »
    When I went back to the story all the passages, besides the intro passage, had been completely erased.
    This sounds like the changes were not saved to the Story Project and if that is the case then I don't know of a way to recover your lost data unless you have created either a Archive HTML or Story HTML file, which you could import into your application.

This is why you should use the Archive option to backup your Story Project on a regular bases.