Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine packaging with twine wrapper

Has anyone used Twine Wrapper before? I got my twine to package itself but my audio and video don't work. However, when I opened the twine index file in Chrome from the folder where everything is saved, my audio and video worked fine. All audio and video is saved to a local path, not on a third party website. Can anyone help?

Comments

• AFAIK, the version of NW.js that twine-wrapper uses—the ancient, node-webkit v0.12.0—doesn't offer support for most media codecs by default. The included media library was only compiled to support "free" codecs—e.g. audio: vorbis, wave; video: theora, vp8. I don't know if that situation has changed with more recent NW.js releases.

As-is, if you want to support more codecs and containers, then you'll need to replace the included ffmpegsumo.dll library with one that does.

A Google search for something like "play mp3 mp4 h264 in node-webkit" will probably help.
  • ok got it. wonder if i can convert my media to those formats and try again.
  • You could do that, yes. Though, if you have a large number of media files, it might be easier to replace the media library.
  • edited August 2016
    MP3 codec is licensed so nw.js can't legally distribute it in the download. I still highly recommend using latest version of nw.js as you'll see a big performance gain moving from 0.12 (I did).