Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PLEASE add an undo/redo function

CTRL Z is always undo on almost every windows program. i believe its a similar button on a mac.

I have mouse issues and it sometimes selects all code and deletes it. i'm so afraid its going to permanently delete all my code on a passage and i won't be able to get it back. this is why i save a billion copies of all my stories.

but come on! undo is a simple command!

Comments

• i mean in the acual system wile writing code. not the finished product.
  • Jex wrote: »
    CTRL Z is always undo on almost every windows program.
    The Story Javascript, the Story Stylesheet, and the Passage editors of the Twine 2 application already supports using CTRL-Z in a limited way to undo the current round of editing in those editors, or at least it does in the Windows versions of both the web-browser based and installable releases of the application.

By limited I mean that you can undo edits while the (Javascript/Stylesheet/Passage) editor is open, once you close any of these editors your changes are permanently saved.
  • Then its broken. it won't undo with the editor open. i have tried. i freak out when my mouse auto selects all and randomly deletes it. and CTRL-Z does not bring it back. i force close the program and have to re-do whatever i was doing in the editor.

also unsure how to tell it to save. it seems to just run on an auto save i can't truelly control without publishing it.
  • Jex wrote: »
    also unsure how to tell it to save.

There is no save button as such, each time you close one of the different editors any changes done in that editor is automatically saved in memory which is then persisted to either:

1. Your web-browser's local storage cache if you are using the web-browser based release of Twine 2.

warning: It is important to make regular backups of story projects using either the Archive option or the Publish to File option because if the relevant web-browser cache gets cleared then you will lose your story projects.

2. A file per story project on your local hard-drive if you are using an install-able release of Twine 2.
  • While perhaps not phrased very politely I have to agree with Jex. I too have the same issue. (Twine 2, installed). CTRL+Z with the editor open does not restore text that has just been deleted. I actually asked the same question some time ago (http://twinery.org/forum/discussion/6263/ctrl-z) and was told that it's supposed to undo one level of change but, at least for me, that's not the case.
  • This is really best handled as an enhancement request.
  • @PatientRock: which operating system (brand, version, edition, 32/64bit) are you using.
  • Put in an enhancement request! Thanks all.