Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Sugarcube

Greetings all...

I'm new to Twine, and as a writer, I am excited to find a tool that will let me write interactive fiction without bogging down in the technical issues. That said, I have a few questions. My apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I have searched and googled without coming up with an answer.

I started building my story in Sugarcane, but would like to switch to Sugarcube due its abilities to save, etc. I'm running Twine 1.4 on Windows 8. 

So how do I switch the story format to Sugarcube? I finally got Sugarcube to show up in my story formats list by making a Sugarcube folder in the targets folder, but when I try to build or rebuild the story it tells me "you can't open this location using this program. please try a different location."

Help! I don't want to get too deep in the story writing process if I am going to have to start over.

Thanks everyone. 

Comments

• Just right off the top of my head without checking or researching anything, that's usually just the error I get when I change a story's name or delete its old HTML file, one of the two. Just click "OK" or whatever and go ahead and save the file. Ignore the warning, in other words.
  • Thanks! I tried a bunch of things yesterday and it works now.  :)