Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On click text appear and disappear

I have just started using Twine and it seems like a great tool for interactive fiction, but I've encountered a problem. I'm trying to understand how can I make the text appear and disappear on click. I watched tutorials on YouTube and forum posts, but I didn't find anything relevant to me. Also, it has to be said that I don't have any programming background, so some things might have gone over my head.

The story I'm trying to create relies heavily on single lines; I'd like to make it so that the lines (meaning actual sentences) within a passage appear and disappear in succession.

Ex.
Click - Line 1 appears.
Click - Line 1 disappears and Line 2 appears after that.
Click - Line 2 disappears and Line 3 appears after that.
etc.

If possible in Harlowe, as it's format would be great for the kind of feel I'd like to achieve.

Thanks for any sort of help on this!

Comments

• edited October 2016
    extremely simple really just add a simple if command (I am assuming this should work perfectly)
    {(link: "line 1 contents")[(set: $whatever to 1)] 
    (if: $whatever is 1)[(link:  "line 2 contents")[(set: $whatever2 to 1)]]}

and so on, the {} should be added in the beginning and at the end to make it just one line if this doesn't work, I'll show you another way with the replace command