Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cryonix

I have new (very short) game out.

Comments welcome.

Thank you to all the board members who helped with those horrible <<if>> macros and other codes. A special thank you to The Mad Exile.

Cryonix

Comments

• Very interesting game :) Was the code made that way on purpose (for the door?)
  • Thanks for playing, Gryph.

Not sure what you mean about the door??
  • I didn't really want to spoil things lol. It seemed like the door code could have been anything, meaning you tried to create a sense of panic for the player. I was actually trying to find the access code, when I hit a few numbers at random and got through. ;)
  • edited December 2016
    lol - things obviously weren't clear. The game is a homage to an episode of Red Dwarf, so it may have helped if you're familiar with the show.

If you 'guessed' the code it was because you drank one of the vials, which was an experimental serum which induces temporary and extreme good fortune on anyone who uses it.

It's the only way you can get through the door.

This is the problem with gamebooks - if you keep clicking links you're eventually going to 'win' and I find such a method doesn't encourage the player to read the descriptions.

If you'd played this as a parser (which I'm working on right now) where you have to input all your commands, instead of having them fed to you, you'd probably have 'got it' because you're more inclined to read the stuff on the screen. With parsers, if you don't read the descriptions, then you simply won't know what you need to do next.
  • edited December 2016
    Yeah. I read it all - and still had no clue. I am the type of person who would click on everything if possible lol

So yeah, I drank the drug, apparently.