Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is Twine 2.0's snap to grid so finicky?

This is kind of a pedantic thing to be so annoyed by, but at the same time it really messes up the layout of my twine documents. You see, when I have snap to grid enabled, only SOMETIMES does it allow a passage to snap to the right position. Sometimes, it lets you neatly line them up square-to-square, but sometimes it'll force a passage out of the square you put it in and into the halfway position nearest to it, as if it thinks it won't fit for some reason even though there's nothing obstructing it. For instance:

pI1eZ6x.png

No matter what, I can't seem to fit that passage in just under the passage above it, and it will always move itself into the spot that it's in in the picture. It is seemingly completely random when it wants to work and when it doesn't, and I could really organize my documents a lot better if I were simply able to always move things into the right positions.

Comments

• I've noticed this too, but didn't even know there was a 'snap' option.

Is it not easier to get the passages in position if you disable snap?
  • Jud_Casper wrote: »
    I've noticed this too, but didn't even know there was a 'snap' option.

Is it not easier to get the passages in position if you disable snap?

It SORT of is, but it doesn't look as neat. I'd like if Snap to Grid worked properly. :v
  • Bump? Is there any fix to this? :v
  • I hear the next Twine release changes the way snap-to-grid works, among other things. Maybe the new mode will take care of your problem.
  • felixp7 wrote: »
    I hear the next Twine release changes the way snap-to-grid works, among other things. Maybe the new mode will take care of your problem.

I hope so! I'm trying to make some really big, complex stuff, so having it organized well is seriously important to me, and this makes it kind of tough to do that.

• Glyph wrote: »
    Bump? Is there any fix to this? :v

There's a new beta out; did you try snapping with it?

• mcd wrote: »
    Glyph wrote: »

As of right now, I can't actually get the beta to run. I'm hoping someone will respond to the issue I submitted on the bitbucket, but it's been a couple days. I'll tell ya' if it fixes it.
  • Glyph wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone will respond to the issue I submitted on the bitbucket...
    You didn't say which release of Windows (version, edition, 32/64 bit) you are using, nor which language you run your Windows in. It may also help to know if you login to Windows with an administrator level account, and if you don't did you run the Twine 2 installer as an Administrator.

The more details like the above you give the easier it is to try and reproduce your error, which in turn can help determine what caused your issue.
  • edited December 2016
    greyelf wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone will respond to the issue I submitted on the bitbucket...
    You didn't say which release of Windows (version, edition, 32/64 bit) you are using, nor which language you run your Windows in. It may also help to know if you login to Windows with an administrator level account, and if you don't did you run the Twine 2 installer as an Administrator.

The more details like the above you give the easier it is to try and reproduce your error, which in turn can help determine what caused your issue.

The issue has been resolved.
    mcd wrote: »

It seems to work much better than before. Initially I thought there was a mandatory space, but it seems there are just a few little areas where it won't let you put them right next to each other unless you're moving them in a certain way. I can easily work with this.