Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developing for the web using Twine?

Hey guys, I have an idea for a part of a website that would use Twine in an unconventional way.

I have a lot of knowledge in a specific type of computer system that people often have trouble installing and setting up but I'm not sure if Twine will support it in this way. I would like them to input information about their computer system and then have a guide 'custom' built for them depending on the 'answers' they chose in the story.

For instance initially it would ask them whether they have a desktop or laptop. Then what brand of processor. This would continue for just about every component at which point a guide could be put together that matches their hardware. I would assume that this needs some kind of database to store information in order to work.

Mainly I need there to be images in the 'story' as well as different ways to skip ahead to certain parts. I really, really need it to be heavily customizable with CSS and jQuery and that's my biggest fear here I guess.

Do any of you guys know of any site that has used Twine as a web development tool rather than explicitly a story, or know if this is possible? Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Connor