Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Make My Game Playable Online on IFDB

Hey there, I'm totally new to the IF community, so please forgive me if this question is asked a lot. I've published a Twine game on IFDB, and I wanted to know if there was a way I could make it playable online. It's uploaded to the Interactive Fiction Archive, and it's downloadable from IFDB, but I'd like to make it possible for people it play it in-browser without actually downloading it.

I've seen this done with Inform 7 games, so I'm imagining it can be done with Twine ones as well. Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks.

Comments

• I believe you first need to host a copy of your game (and any media files it requires) on a web-server, once that is done you modify the download area of your IFDB page to contain a link to the hosted copy of your game.

Where you host your game is up to you, the Publish My Work page of the Twine 2 guild suggests one particular web-site.
  • edited December 2016
    If your game uses sounds your best bet is either itch.io or Quest. You just zip your game up (making sure the game file is named index.html and that all your sounds are in the same folder and linked within the game correctly) and upload the zipped folder.

Once uploaded, copy the URL from the page where your game is hosted and add it as a link in your IFDB listing. You can even link directly to the game so that clicking the link launches your game.

What I did was create a tumblr and I list my games there. takekey.tumblr.com
  • edited December 2016
    Jud_Casper wrote: »
    If your game uses sounds your best bet is either itch.io or Quest. You just zip your game up (making sure the game file is named index.html and that all your sounds are in the same folder and linked within the game correctly) and upload the zipped folder.

Once uploaded, copy the URL from the page where your game is hosted and add it as a link in your IFDB listing. You can even link directly to the game so that clicking the link launches your game.

What I did was create a tumblr and I list my games there. takekey.tumblr.com

Wow. Nice Tumblr. Following it now.
  • Thanks, Gryph :)