Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeing images inside the editor?

I'm pretty new to twine, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. But when testing a page in the editor I can't get images to show. I had this typed in to test adding an image to a story.
Testing image

[img[images/test.jpg]]

I thought i was doing it wrong at first but after publishing it, and adding in the image folder to the same directory as the game it worked fine. I tried copy and pasting the images folder to the directory opened when you go to the menu on the top-left, Twine > Show Library, but no luck. Can anyone give any advice? I'm also using Sugarcube 2.0 if that helps.

Comments

• The Twine 2 application does not support displaying locally referenced images (or video) when using either the Test or Play options.
  • edited December 2016
    Or audio.

It's a bit of a bind, is this. Especially if your game utilises any of these media to any extent.

The solution, by the way, is to hit 'Publish' (not a bad practise to get into anyway) and then run the game file in order to see images, video and hear audio.
  • Thanks guys! I'll just have to be careful with naming pictures then. :)
  • edited December 2016
    swepty wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I'll just have to be careful with naming pictures then. :)
    It's not really about being careful with naming the pictures (although it's obviously essential the file paths are correct). It's about accepting you need to publish your game each and every time you need to check that a new image, video or audio file is working properly.