Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 2/Harlowe - How do I give the text links a shadow during hover, rather than a color change?

I know hardly any programming at all; everything that I've done with my story so far, I've had to look up.

Comments

• A bit of a sparse description of your problem, but I think I can give you something to work on.

Best thing to do is research CSS and just enough HTML to work with it. A previous post of mine might help as well, you can find it here.

So, after reading that, you can try this:
    In your Stylesheet section, type:
    span.magic:hover {
    text-shadow: 3px 3px 2px #888888;
    }

Then, in a passage type something like this:
    <span class="magic">Magic!</span>

When testing it, hovering over the word, "Magic!" should give it a shadow. Check here for more information on text-shadow.

The best way to learn this stuff is to experiment the heck out of it, and look at what other people of made. If you have any more questions after doing your own research and coming up blank, I'll be happy to help.

Hope this answers your question!
  • MeekoSoup wrote: »
    A bit of a sparse description of your problem, but I think I can give you something to work on.

Best thing to do is research CSS and just enough HTML to work with it. A previous post of mine might help as well, you can find it here.

So, after reading that, you can try this:
    In your Stylesheet section, type:
    span.magic:hover {
    text-shadow: 3px 3px 2px #888888;
    }

Then, in a passage type something like this:
    <span class="magic">Magic!</span>

When testing it, hovering over the word, "Magic!" should give it a shadow. Check here for more information on text-shadow.

The best way to learn this stuff is to experiment the heck out of it, and look at what other people of made. If you have any more questions after doing your own research and coming up blank, I'll be happy to help.

Hope this answers your question!

It did! Thank you!