Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing the title (SugarCube 2/Twine 2)

As I am sure he will read this, TheMadExile, I wish to thank you, dearly, for all your hard work. You have built something that even a simpleton such as I can use (well I try). Also, GreyElf, thank you for always helping. I have been making many, MANY Twine projects. I have never been able to understand the variables... at least night yet, but someday. Anyway, I am making my 'The Anax' game. Problem is, I originally typed, 'Call of the Cursed One', which was to be the sub title. So, I tried making a passage called, StoryTitle, and placed 'The Anax'. I made one also called StorySubtitle, and put 'Call of the Cursed One'. However, in the story, it simply says, "Call of the Cursed One" and then the subtitle also redundantly repeats it. I know I seem foolish to you, but I am more of a writer and artist. We all have our strong points, no? Can one give me a hand with this, please and thank you.

Comments

• Hmm, I still have been unable to get the correct title to show. I have tried everything I can think of, am I missing something?

StoryTitle
    The Anax

StorySubtitle
    Call of the Cursed One

But when you play in browser

Call of the Cursed One
    Call of the Cursed One
  • As noted in the docs, the StoryTitle passage is not special when compiled within Twine 2. You set the name of the project when you create it, so you need to rename the project in Twine 2 to The Anax—it's one of the menu items for the project.

SEE: Special Names > Passage Names.
  • Oh, well, I made that far more complicated than needed! Once again you helped me! Thank you!