Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem switching to Twine 2.1 on Linux

I'm trying to get Twine 2.1 running on my computer, but it's not running properly. I'm running Linux Mint 18 MATE ("Sarah").
I had no problems with Twine 2.0, and I can still run it fine.

When I run 2.1, however, I get this error:
ERROR:desktop_window_tree_host_x11.cc(1131)] Not implemented reached in virtual void views::DesktopWindowTreeHostX11::InitModalType(ui::ModalType)

It still opens the program and I can make and import stories, but:
1. Selecting "Show Library" does nothing.
2. Quitting/Exiting doesn't work. I have to manually shut it down from the terminal (and nothing saves when I do this).
3. When I open the imported story (the one I made in 2.0), I get the following error in the terminal:
var o=t.staggerAnchor;o||(o=t.staggerAnchor=yt("stagger-anchor"),o.__v_frag=t),it(o,n);var a=t.staggerCb=k(function(){t.staggerCb=null,t.before(o),ot(o)});setTimeout(a,i)}else{var s=n.nextSibling;s||(it(this.end,n),s=this.end),t.before(s)}},remove:function(t,e,n,r){if(t.staggerCb)return t.staggerCb.cancel(),void(t.staggerCb=null);var i=this.getStagger(t,e,n,"leave");if(r&&i){var o=t.staggerCb=k(function(){t.staggerCb=null,t.remove()});setTimeout(o,i)}else t.remove()},move:function(t,e){e.nextSibling||this.end.parentNode.appendChild(this.end),t.before(e.nextSibling,!1)},cacheFrag:function(t,n,r,o){var a,s=this.params.trackBy,u=this.cache,l=!y(t);o||s||l?(a=ke(r,o,t,s),u[a]?"$index"!==s&&"production"!==e.env.NODE_ENV&&this.warnDuplicate(t):u[a]=n):(a=this.id,i(t,a)?null===t[a]?t[a]=n:"production"!==e.env.NODE_ENV&&this.warnDuplicate(t):Object.isExtensible(t)?b(t,a,n):"production"!==e.env.NODE_ENV&&Ur("Frozen v-for objects cannot be automatically t

TypeError: Cannot read property 'major' of null
at VueComponent.loadFormat (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:9:28014)
at VueComponent.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:91:1885)
at VueComponent.loadFormat (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:7:1149)
at VueComponent.ready (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:60:28233)
at VueComponent.En.t._callHook (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:4283)
at VueComponent.n (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:11547)
at VueComponent.n (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:10239)
at VueComponent.Hn.t.$emit (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:10933)
at VueComponent.En.t._callHook (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:4299)
at e (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:8:8994)

and again, no changes save.

The program itself is in my /opt folder, while the stories are stored in ~/Dokumente/Twine/Geschichten (my OS is in German).

I can continue to use 2.0, but I would like to know if anyone can figure out what's going wrong. Thanks for your help.

Side question:
Whenever I open Twine 2.0, it sets the permissions of my ~/Dokumente/Twine/Geschichten folder to 'dr-xr-xr-x 2'
Even if I change it with 'chmod 755 Geschichten' to 'drwxr-xr-x 2' it switches back whenever I open the program. Is this normal/necessary?

Comments

• Hello bfdie
    I have similar problems with a french version of Mint. Twine swapping between the english named "Stories" folder and the french named "Histoires".
    It seems to me Chris had better not to translate folder names at all in the localization process...

• Hi all,

Under my Ubtunu Linix 64, I Got this issue:
    23855:23876:0204/094949:ERROR:nss_util.cc(809)] After loading Root Certs, loaded==false: NSS error code: -8018

And I have to reload all my stories each time I run Twine 2.1

Any idea ?

Thank youso much! All my best

David
  • Hi!

Since I moved my files from "Histoires" (french word for "Stories") to "Stories" folder, everything is ok.
    No more error messages.

Very great release, so comfortable and easier to use!
    Congratulations!

Thank you so much!
    All my best

David