Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Version of Twine 2.0 Not Working

Hi all,

I've just, to my regret, installed the latest version of Twine 2.0 on my Windows machine. On starting it up I get the following error:
File: unknown
Line: unknown
Column: unknown
Stack:
TypeError: Cannot set property 'id' of undefined at IMPORT_STORY (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:40:12189) at i.(anonymous function) (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:84:5845) at r.value (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:84:4841) at dispatch (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:84:4102) at importStory (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:9:14310) at chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:41:15776 at chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:41:15665 at Object.loadAll (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:41:15822) at chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:52:31866 at Object.init (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:53:101)

Does anyone have any idea what's gone wrong, and where I can get the installer for the previous version?

Thanks,

J. J. Guest

Comments

• The 2.0 serie is not the new version of Twine. Are you using a 2.1.x ? If so, you could try to install the older 2.0.11 version : it is much more reliable.
  • You can grab older versions here.

Make sure to grab one with an operating system in the file name, as the other ones are web builds.

This sounds suspiciously similar to this issue. Do you have back ups of your story files?