Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble adding Sugarcube 2.18 to Twine 2.1.1

I'm upgrading to Twine 2.1.1 and Sugarcube 2.18 on Windows. I uninstalled Twine and installed the new version ok, and I've followed the instructions about adding the Sugarcube format.js to Twine, but it's stuck showing "Loading" with the animation. Windows Task Manager shows activity in Twine (>0% and <1% CPU, and about 400kb/s I/O), but it's not moving from that point - I've been waiting over an hour so far.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Comments

• Hey, there, i have the same trouble myself. It seems that we are unable to currently manually update formats in Twine 2.1.1

They are probably fixing it.

Still, the current version of sugarcube on Twine 2.1.1 is 2.14, so unless you need a specific feature there is no problem.
  • That is a known issue in Twine 2 (v2.1.0 & v2.1.1) which has been addressed. There simply hasn't been a release since all of the fixes were put into place.

Don't take this as the final word, however, I don't think that it's supposed to be a secret that we hope to have a new release out soon. If everything goes according to plan, possibly even this weekend.
  • So I stick with the good old 2.0.11 release of Twine which accepts the format updates.
    I hope the new release will be really usable on all the computers...
  • Don't take this as the final word, however, I don't think that it's supposed to be a secret that we hope to have a new release out soon. If everything goes according to plan, possibly even this weekend.

I really hope so. I've been looking forward to that being fixed since 2.1.1's release.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi, the Twine 2.1.2 has been released with sugarcube 2.18 by default if you want.
  • Don't take this as the final word, however, I don't think that it's supposed to be a secret that we hope to have a new release out soon. If everything goes according to plan, possibly even this weekend.

I really hope so. I've been looking forward to that being fixed since 2.1.1's release.

And Bang. It's out. Just gave it a run. Sugarcube 2.18 is pre-installed :D

• The latest version of Sugarcube usually is installed with each new release lol. It's just that TheMadExile tends to release updates for Sugarcube more frequently than Klembot does for TWINE versions :) Now we just have to wait for TME to release Sugarcube 2.19.0 ;) Then we can see if the bug is fixed :)
  • Nice SC 2.18 is something I really wanted already :P
    Let's write some widgets with <<capture>> and organize some JS using imprtScripts() :P