Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 1.4.2 won't open, "Errors Occurred: See the logfile"

i recently downloaded twine 1.4.2, but haven't been able to have it successfully open since. whenever i try to open it it gives me: "See the logfile 'C:\Users\[name]\Program Files (x86)\Twine\twine.exe.log" when the file doesn't exist. only after uninstalling it and reinstalling it in a different location did the "twine.exe.log" file come up and when it did it gave me this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "app.py", line 325, in <module>
File "app.py", line 22, in __init__
File "app.py", line 233, in loadPrefs
File "wx\_misc.pyo", line 165, in GetFont
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxFontEnumerator::IsValidFacename(font.GetFaceName())" failed at ..\..\src\msw\settings.cpp(302) in wxSystemSettingsNative::GetFont():

is there a way to fix this and if there is, how do i do it?

Comments

• Which operating system (brand, version, edition, 32/64bit) are you running the Twine 1.x application on?

The text in the error message implies that the application is trying to obtain information about one your OS's default fonts. After looking at the source code for the loadPref function I believe it is whichever font your OS default to when ask for a mono-spaced (mono or mono2) font.
    For my Windows 10 that is Courier New.
  • a quick glance at my about page tells me i'm running windows 10 home, version 1511 with 64-bit operating system and x64-based processor.

if twine 1.x is looking for information about fonts, could it be possible that a custom font i've downloaded is conflicting with it? should i look to uninstall any fonts i've downloaded recently?
  • Hey! where you able to find a solution for this? I have this bug too, also the same specs.