Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About passage count

How many passages have any one of you put in for a single project? Is there a top limit? ;)

Comments

• No limit.
  • Cool. I was mostly curious how many people have put in their projects as well :) So far I have about 221 passages. And not really done. 95% fo them are placeholders though at this point.
  • 8% of my game uses 258.
  • That's a lot! :open_mouth:
  • I normally make games where you do stuff and collect money, like this one:

http://twinery.org/2/#stories/9f9a1191-8fd2-577a-c2cb-bbaf0bfbe9e1/play

But I am working on a linear story which'll be quite long.
  • Deadshot wrote: »
    I normally make games where you do stuff and collect money, like this one:

But I am working on a linear story which'll be quite long.

P.S.: If you try this game, do you like it? Can you suggest improvements?
  • edited August 2016
    Updated Passage count on my game - 367 Passages. That's only the base structure I finally got into my TWINE project lol. This is not counting paths I'm going to expand on later.

Deadshot - I'd recommend getting it working first? On Chrome and Firefox, It just shows me a blank white page. I checked in Chrome, in case it was a browser-related issue or not, since I'm mostly using Firefox atm.
    The Twine 2 application stores all your Story Project's information on your local machine, either within your web-browser's local storage or in a Story Project HTML file.

The URL you supplied will only work when accessed using your web-browser on your machine, if you want other people to be able to read/play your story/game then you will need to first use the Publish to File option to create a Story HTML file and then upload that Story HTML file online to either a web-server or a file-hosting site.

• edited August 2016
    greyelf wrote: »
    Deadshot wrote: »
    The Twine 2 application stores all your Story Project's information on your local machine, either within your web-browser's local storage or in a Story Project HTML file.

The URL you supplied will only work when accessed using your web-browser on your machine, if you want other people to be able to read/play your story/game then you will need to first use the Publish to File option to create a Story HTML file and then upload that Story HTML file online to either a web-server or a file-hosting site.

Oh, thanks. I can publish to file, but how do I upload it?
    ... how do I upload it?
    The Publish My Work page of the Twine 2 Guide list some options, you can also upload your file to file hosting sites like MEGA, etc....
  • to any free web hosting service as well. TWINE *is* a web page in a nutshell with all the 'programming' in it, I believe.
  • Thank you so much. I will get my website up ASAP.
  • On something related - how do people as a writer decide which path to work on? Do you try to complete a full route before moving to a different one?
  • Gryphbear wrote: »
    On something related - how do people as a writer decide which path to work on? Do you try to complete a full route before moving to a different one?
    I think it comes down to preference. Some people like to write out an entire 'branch' of their story, start-to-finish so it maintains continuity and the style of writing remains the same. The other thought is to write the entire story as one whole progression so that when things branch, the different elements of those branches progress at the same pace, so you're moving through the entirety of the story at the same pace/time.

I'll admit, I switch from day to day, but then again, I'm not a real writer, so I don't follow and structured set of rules. I have an overall idea of what I want the story to be and how to get from start to finish, but there are times I'll be mid-story and think of something to add and will focus on just that, so when I go back through and 'play' the story, I will notice obvious changes in my writing style based on how inspired I was that day or what my mood was.

Sorry, that was probably way more information than you wanted, and I don't mean to take this off-topic. I found this thread while researching what, if any, limitations there were to Twine 2 (web-version) when it came to linking/adding graphics. I'm at a point now where I need to decide if I'm going to add them (I really want to) which will be very intensive, or stick with a text-only format.

I love this Forum, a ton of great information and very talented/helpful people here.
  • Grap wrote: »
    Gryphbear wrote: »
    On something related - how do people as a writer decide which path to work on? Do you try to complete a full route before moving to a different one?
    I think it comes down to preference. Some people like to write out an entire 'branch' of their story, start-to-finish so it maintains continuity and the style of writing remains the same. The other thought is to write the entire story as one whole progression so that when things branch, the different elements of those branches progress at the same pace, so you're moving through the entirety of the story at the same pace/time.

I'll admit, I switch from day to day, but then again, I'm not a real writer, so I don't follow and structured set of rules. I have an overall idea of what I want the story to be and how to get from start to finish, but there are times I'll be mid-story and think of something to add and will focus on just that, so when I go back through and 'play' the story, I will notice obvious changes in my writing style based on how inspired I was that day or what my mood was.

Sorry, that was probably way more information than you wanted, and I don't mean to take this off-topic. I found this thread while researching what, if any, limitations there were to Twine 2 (web-version) when it came to linking/adding graphics. I'm at a point now where I need to decide if I'm going to add them (I really want to) which will be very intensive, or stick with a text-only format.

I love this Forum, a ton of great information and very talented/helpful people here.

Cool. :) Whatever works for you. I'm usually a little at a time at random paths for each character. It all depends on what needs to be done.