Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does my link not work!

Hi i have been sending my game to friends but the link doesnt work!
What i do:
1-click on play story
2-copy the link from the address bar
3-paste and send to my friend
4-doesnt work

Please help, i dont know if it matters but i use harlowe 1.2.2

Comments

• The Twine 2 application stores all your Story Project's information on your local machine, either within your web-browser's local storage if you are using the web-browser based release or in a Story Project HTML file if you are using the install-able release. None of your Story's information is stored on the Twine web-site.

The URL you supplied to your friend will only work when accessed using your web-browser on your machine, if you want other people to be able to read/play your story/game then you will need to first use the Publish to File option to create a Story HTML file and then upload that Story HTML file online to either a web-server or a file-hosting site.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    The Twine 2 application stores all your Story Project's information on your local machine, either within your web-browser's local storage if you are using the web-browser based release or in a Story Project HTML file if you are using the install-able release. None of your Story's information is stored on the Twine web-site.

The URL you supplied to your friend will only work when accessed using your web-browser on your machine, if you want other people to be able to read/play your story/game then you will need to first use the Publish to File option to create a Story HTML file and then upload that Story HTML file online to either a web-server or a file-hosting site.

Thank you for always being a great help!
    Sorry i suck at this... Im learning.