Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

similar macro as goto in Twine 1.4.2

I am using Twine 1.4.2 with Sugarcane Story format. But 'goto' macro is not working. Error says "no macro called goto". Is there any similar macro in Twine 1.4.2 which immediately forwards the user to the passage with the given name.

Comments

• note: I strongly suggest you consider switching to the SugarCube story format instead, preferably the 2.x series which is still actively being developed. The current version of Sugarcane was released in mid 2014 and it has a number of limitations / bugs, some of which have been fixed in the project's source code but those fixes are currently only available to people who know how build their own version of Sugarcane.

Unlike SugarCube there is no built-in <<goto>> macro in Sugacane but you can use the javascript code found in the Twine macro: <<timedgoto>>, a simple timer page on the Glorious Trainwrecks web-site to add one to your story.

The Javascript code found on the linked page goes within a script tagged passage, if your story does not have one yet then you can create one using the Story > New > Script menu items.
  • Thank you so much. Its working perfectly.
    However, I will soon switch over to SugarCube story format in the 2.x series.