Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any saved games in Twine 1 will be deleted after a while. Is there any way to fix this?

I've had Twine 1 for quite a while now, and though I do really enjoy the structure, I'm a slow worker. However, with disuse, I've noticed that all my saves in Twine are erased. upon opening the save it just presents me with a new file.
I use Twine 1.4.2 on Mac, and am currently on Capitan, though this issue started long before the update.

Is there any way to fix this, or is there just something i'm not seeing?

Comments

• Clearing browser cache / history often clears the data store, resulting in this. Download your saves to disk to avoid loosing progress.
  • MoLoLu wrote: »
    Clearing browser cache / history often clears the data store, resulting in this. Download your saves to disk to avoid loosing progress.
    I could certainly be wrong, however, I think they meant their project files, not game saves.
  • Title made me think ingame saves. Sorry if I'm wrong. Project files disappearing sounds hella weird though.
  • it isn't the online version of TWINE?
  • Gryphbear wrote: »
    it isn't the online version of TWINE?
    No. Twine 1.x—the OP specifically mentions v1.4.2—is a standalone desktop application written in Python. It is not a web application like Twine 2.
  • OP again- I did some deeper searching online, and I found that this is actually a known problem on OSX. To account for it, you have to open Twine>File>Open... and open the story from there, double-clicking just opens a new file.