Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Harlowe] Vertically aligning text.

I've been fiddling around with a random generator thing - since all the user does is click the link to generate a new result, I'd like to have that link in a fixed position on the screen, rather than moving about depending upon the length of the current result. Is this possible?

Comments

• Should be. There are a few ways to do that, but it really depends on how your code's set up. Best way involves flexboxes in CSS, though you can also calculate that sorta thing in JavaScript.
  • Could be even simpler depending on how and where you generate your random elements. For instance, if the "generate" button/link is at the top of the page, and the generated elements below it, you can just horizontally align it and it shouldn't move at all. If it's the opposite configuration, then I would need to see exactly what you're doing to get a good idea of what you want to be done.
  • Thanks for the help, in the end it seemed easiest to rearrange the passages so the link is at the top - anything more complex would probably be too fiddly for me right now.