Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Include Macros Does Not Exist

edited March 2017 in Help! with 2.0
I tried using:
<<include "passage">>
I checked the documentation and it said it was added on 2.15. I'm currently using 2.16.

Edit: Twine didn't change the story format of the story. It still runs are 2.12.
Although, I tried it again on a newly created story and it still doesn't work.

Comments

• <<display>> should still work.

As for why that's happening, I suspect that you actually might not have SugarCube 2.16 installed. Obviously I don't know for sure, but I have heard that importing new versions of existing formats into Twine 2.1.0 and Twine 2.1.1 is currently bugged.

Can you double check the version you're using?
  • edited March 2017
    Chapel wrote: »
    <<display>> should still work.

As for why that's happening, I suspect that you actually might not have SugarCube 2.16 installed. Obviously I don't know for sure, but I have heard that importing new versions of existing formats into Twine 2.1.0 and Twine 2.1.1 is currently bugged.

Can you double check the version you're using?

Yes, it worked! Thanks!

And regarding of a bug, i think this one is a different bug. Because I am sure I changed the story format to sugarcube 2.16 after I installed it(offline, followed the instructions) but somehow, I think, whenever I opened the story I created on story format sugarcube 2.12, it always goes to back to 2.12 even if I changed it to 2.16.

That maybe the problem... Is it possible that twine can't change the story format of the story the first time it the story was made?
  • If twine isn't letting you change or update formats, that is a bug, not intended functionality. You can find it on the issue tracker here:

https://bitbucket.org/klembot/twinejs/issues/348/twine-21-manual-installation-of-updated
  • It just changed... after I created a new story with the format I chose, which is sugarcube 2.16. But I'm going to check the issue still. Thank you for informing me! XD
  • edited March 2017
    There are two completely separate story format dialogs within Twine 2—both 2.0 and 2.1, though things are a little more complicated in 2.1.

The one opened by the Formats link, found on the story list right-side bar, allows you to add story formats and to select the default story format for newly created projects. It does not change the story format in use by existing projects.

The one opened by the Change Story Format link, found in an open project's story map menu, allows you to change the story format in use by the current project.

@mega01man It sounds like your problem is that you changed the default and expected that to modify existing projects.
  • There are two completely separate story format dialogs within Twine 2—both 2.0 and 2.1, though things are a little more complicated in 2.1.

The one opened by the Formats link, found on the story list right-side bar, allows you to add story formats and to select the default story format for newly created projects. It does not change the story format in use by existing projects.

The one opened by the Change Story Format link, found in an open project's story map menu, allows you to change the story format in use by the current project.

@mega01man It sounds like your problem is that you changed the default and expected that to modify existing projects.

I understood how to change/add story formats on the right side bar.
    It's just, when I tried to changed it in project's map menu, it didn't change right away. I let it sit for a bit without doing anything and when I closed the app then reopened it didn't revert back to the previous story format it was using.
  • i just opened the app and checked the story format. it went back to 2.12... I don't know what's happening...
  • edited March 2017
    mega01man wrote: »
    i just opened the app and checked the story format. it went back to 2.12... I don't know what's happening...
    I believe that Twine 2.1.1 includes a feature that checks a story project's current story format version whenever it is opened, and if that feature determines there is a later version of that story format installed it will automatically update the project to use it. This feature may be whats causing your project to revert back to v2.12.0, but I am only guessing.

If you change the passage content of the project are those changes saved even when the story format is reverted back to v2.12.0?
  • Yes @greyelf , the changes are being saved. If that's the case... I may be at fault. I'm going to remove the previous versions and just leave the latest versions instead. I'm going to check back here on this thread after I do it.
  • I think I broke my app. I'm just going to reinstall it fresh. And there wouldn't be problems. Thank you for all your help! XD