Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to fix broken links

Hello. I am new to twine and have downloaded Twine for desktop today. I do not know the version as it does not say.

I have spent all day creating a story and had finished. I went to make changes to the text and from the start box I have lost the arrows which connect the boxes in order. Additionally all the boxes have also jumped around the screen.

Can you please help? Is there a way to revert back to any saved sessions so I can get the original work back?

Why have the lines disappeared from the start box but only on some of the connected boxes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bianca.

Comments

• Bianca01 wrote: »
    I do not know the version as it does not say.
    The Twine 2 version number appears In the lower right corner of the Stories screen, near the bottom of the right hand side sidebar.

Bianca01 wrote: »
    Is there a way to revert back to any saved sessions...
    Story projects are automatically updated whenever you exit the Passage editor or the Story Map, and the application's save system does not track changes so there is no way to 'revert' back to a previous 'session'. This is why it is a good idea to use the Archive option to backup all your Story Projects into an Archive HTML file, you can also backup a single Story Project by using the Publish to File option to create a Story HTML file.

You can then use the Import From File option to import either of the HTML files mentioned above.

Bianca01 wrote: »
    Why have the lines disappeared from the start box but only on some of the connected boxes?
    A 'missing line' generally indicates that the passage Name in the Target Passage part of a markup based link is different to that of the Passage it was targeting.

Why the Name changed in either the markup link or the Passage itself I don't know.