Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New IF game needs playtesters!

Hi everyone,

I have a new IF-style game that needs to be playtested for an MFA Thesis I'm working on. This is different than the last playtest I requested here and… Well… It's not Twine-based. :-/

But I love Twine and I love the Twine community and I thought you might be able to help me out…

Play the game here:

http://hackedmechanics.org

You'll need anywhere between 20-min and 1-hour to play — and there's a short survey afterwards.

Also, while you can play on a mobile device, a modern desktop browser is preferred.

Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to your responses.

Best,
Tim

Comments

• Interesting premise, and I loved the interface. However, I may be missing something pretty obvious, but I haven't been able to get anywhere with it. I will try again presently, and if I get to your survey, I will be delighted to fill it out.
  • You can fill the survey whether you win or lose… Just let the timer run out, or go back to the game after 15-minutes have elapsed (the timer is persistent).

Thank you!
  • Hi everyone!

My playtest ends on Friday, June 16…

If you'd like to help me out, please go to the link above and play the game… One play-through takes 15-minutes and you will be given a link to a survey whether you win or lose.

Thank you!
  • Hey there, i filled out the survey. I liked the way you recreated the interface, but the riddle was almost too much, spent at least 10min trying to figure it out.

Won with about 3min on the countdown. Also, it is not clear when your objective has been completed. For example, i was looking for a command to copy the file instead of deleting it. :)

Anyway well done.
  • Well, the whole "figure it out in a time crunch" thing is sort of what it's all about, right? ;)

Thank you so much for playing and -- especially -- taking the survey!
  • Well, the whole "figure it out in a time crunch" thing is sort of what it's all about, right? ;)

Thank you so much for playing and -- especially -- taking the survey!
  • Not sure why my post happened twice there — sorry about that!