Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Stopped Working 6 Months Later

So I finished a game back in January. I've been sharing it with no problem since then... until today. Suddenly, when I try to open my game (even from my original file on my hard drive), it opens up a blank window in Google Chrome. In the Twine application, the first page opens, but even in test mode none of the links are clickable even though the syntax of them is fine and hasn't been changed since it was last functioning smoothly. (When I hover over the link, my cursor turns into a red circle with an X through it.)

Anybody know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Comments

• What version of twine was it written in and what version are you trying to open it in? Also, what story format did you use to write it and what version of it? Is there any way you could upload and share the file (on Google drive, or similar) so we could take a look at it?
  • Well I just downloaded 2.1.3, but I'm not sure what I built the story in. 2.1.2, presumably? Either way, 2.0 is Harlowe, right?

I've made the exported story file available on drive but there's literally nothing to see but a blank screen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1noDyaHezH8R3VzczVWRnlxZTg/view?usp=sharing

I don't know how to share the working file.
  • edited June 2017
    […] Either way, 2.0 is Harlowe, right?
    Not quite. Twine 2 has several story formats available to it—as did Twine 1. Harlowe is simply the default story format in Twine 2.

I've made the exported story file available on drive but there's literally nothing to see but a blank screen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1noDyaHezH8R3VzczVWRnlxZTg/view?usp=sharing

I don't know how to share the working file.
    That is the working file. I'm assuming you copied that from your document's Twine/Stories directory. The HTML files therein are the story archives, the working files as you put it.

You have to Publish your project to get a compiled HTML file—i.e. the playable file. Ensure you do not publish to the Twine/Stories directory.