Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine archived files are loading in disarray and deleting passages

Using Twine 2.0 on Windows 8/Firefox. Each time I load an archived file, the placement of passages are arranged in disarray, seemingly randomized each time I load. And some passages are very stubborn--they don't want to be saved. I had to re-write a passage or two because the content of the passage will disappear upon reloading.

Any way to make saving and loading more stable--any chance I'm doing something wrong?

Comments

• It sounds like you're experiencing a bug, unfortunately. Could you press F12 and then choose the Console tab of the toolbar that appears while you work? If an error is occurring with Twine, then this will show more information about it.
  • I've also been running into this problem on OSX/Firefox.

(It's actually made me kind of hesitant to archive, because sometimes hitting archive deletes or reverts passages! Have also noticed that when I go back out to the Story List, the edit date listed for a file I'm actively working on will sometimes be a couple hours older than the most recent changes. Not sure if this is related.)
  • I am noticing exactly what asasparrow is reporting, on OSX/Chrome. Nothing in the Console so far, but I will keep you appraised.

But I don't think it's to do with archiving, I think it's to do with passages not always saving changes to memory 100% of the time.
  • That's obviously distressing to read. A lot of the focus on 2.0.3 was on fixing bugs that caused data loss, so it's frustrating first of all to hear this is still happening to people, and secondly to be unsure what's causing it. I agree with you that the problem is probably an issue related to saving that causes issues for the rest of the session, but beyond that, I don't know yet.