Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special characters?

Hi guys!

Is just here that special characters (accented letters) don't show up in passages?

Like ... it shows (and generates) just e a i o a ...

Or there is some configuration cheat that I don't find ...

Maveriks + Twine 1.4.1

Sorry for my poor english. :)

Comments

• undefined

Working fine for me with default headers and font. Although I'm not sure what Maveriks is. Is that a custom header? A font you're using? You'd want to make sure that whatever font you're typing in supports those characters.
  • CoraBlue wrote:

[...]
    Working fine for me with default headers and font. Although I'm not sure what Maveriks is. Is that a custom header? A font you're using? You'd want to make sure that whatever font you're typing in supports those characters.

Sorry CoraBlue, my fault. Better explained: I'm on a Mac with OS X Mavericks and using the default headers and fonts. :)
  • Gotcha. I don't have a Mac I can test this on at the moment, and I might have let someone else come along and answer for you. I am unsure how Twine is coded for Mac, and whether it uses Unicode.
  • That's strange because in the previous versions all worked fine ...  :-\
  • For more visibility by Chris then you might want to post the issue here?

If its a new problem in 1.4.1 then it will hopefully be ironed out by next version.
  • Could you post a HTML output file that shows this bug?
  • L wrote:

Could you post a HTML output file that shows this bug?

Well ... the bug don't is in the generated HTML file ... but in the passage edition screen.

It does not seem to recognize the accent keys. The accented characters simply appears without the accent in the edit screen, either in the generated HTML file.

But the bug appears with this specific keys: [~ `] [" ] [^ 6]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CKcIM6J.jpg[/img]

I'm using the EUA International - PC keymap, that works perfect with all other apps.
  • Have you tried changing the passage editor's font to something else? (It's in Preferences).
  • L wrote:

Have you tried changing the passage editor's font to something else? (It's in Preferences).

Yes ... and I've tried to change the keyboard layout too ... same issue.

Is there any other Mac user here with the same setup (OS X Mavericks and USA International - PC keyboard layout) that could help us to reproduce the issue?