Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do you get passages back into viewing area?

Sorry if this has been answered before... how do you get passages off from outside of viewing area?

Refreshing page and playing with view option did not deliver the desired goal: ability to edit the passages.

sys: Firefox 34

Here's the video

Comments

• Following are two methods to pane the Passage Map that may work, though your on Linux and Im using Windows.

1. Hold the space bar down and move your mouse, the mouse cursor should change to a grabbed hand.

2. Hold the Mouse Wheel down and move your mouse, the mouse cursor should change to a four directions circle.
  • This sounds like it may be a bug. The key question to me is, do you know how did they got offscreen in the first place? Being pushed out of the way of another passage after being dragged?
  • It's actually fairly easy to do.  I've been able to reproduce the issue by:
    [list type=decimal]
    Select a group of passages, some of which should be on the same horizontal axis.  Grab the rightmost and move the group to the left edge of the workspace.  Deselect the group without moving it away from the edge.  Passages which were on the same horizontal axis may be lost past the edge.    This doesn't always work, sometimes the passages will be piled up on top of each other and you can simply pull them apart.  Other times, only one will be available, the rest having been shunted beyond the edge.
    Simply press the Add new passage button enough times to get the new passages to be created beyond the left edge of the workspace.

Additionally, as a separate (but possibly related matter), using the Add new passage button does not respect existing passage positions when creating new ones (i.e. it will happily create new passages directly atop existing passages).