Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super Epic Warrior Battle *WIP, Poss NSFW*

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone wants to give me some feedback on Super Epic Warrior Battle, a little tongue in cheek game I'm working on.  At the moment it's not much and only the first few levels work (up to the first boss, who hasn't been scripted yet), I've got to get some graphics sorted, and the shoppu is still waiting for it's small business loan to come through from the bank, and the cock fight (which is gambling) is currently closed due to worries about bird flu.  I know at the moment just hammering the strong attack trumps everything, but I'm working on a combo system which will also come in handy when it comes to the bosses (along with the shop).  The combo system will also give gold for "style bonuses", as the heals will come in pretty expensive as time goes on.

What I'd most like feedback on is whether the music fits well, because I'm trying to convey the sense of atmosphere and mood through audio as well as through the text.  Also, should the cock fight be called something else?  I'm aware that certain people have certain sensitivities and I don't want to overly offend.  Two victims I've inflicted this on weren't sure about the cock fighting, although the hostess lady was just a giggle to them, and I'd like to get a wider opinion.  If you spot any bugs or weird glitches then let me know and I'll have a look into them as well.

You can find it at http://2yu.co/sewb/ .

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hahaha wow.  Umm fun stuff.  I don't know if the syntax is on purpose or not, but I laughed!
  • If you're on about the text in the game proper, then yes, that is intentional.  It's basically a homage to a 1989 game called Zero Wing (as well as quite a few others) which had really weird translation, and was responsible for the "All Your Base Belong To Us" internet meme a decade later. 
  • Wow ! I played the game for a few minutes, tried pretty everything, and you did a great job here !

I like the idea of writing down the character name without having a pop-up screen.
    The prog is really fine, too. It was adult and fun, that's cool !
  • I thought I commented on this. Guess I didn't!

I remember playing it and thinking it was a quick, fun and funny little game. Two thumbs up! :)
  • Hey how did you put a pic in it and music? guess i need to watch more videos about this